Monday 27 August 2012

I am a child

I manage to find humour in the most ridiculous and immature things. To me toilet humour is not old or childish, it's brilliant. I am the sort of person that has a meltdown when something is only mildly funny to everyone else. I'd like to think it's one of my most adorable *cough* qualities!

So, here are my 3 favourite "lost in translation" sayings/moments.

Fingering:
Thought you'd heard the last of that in High School? Move to Canada and you'll find you're sorely mistaken.

Friend 1: "If you ever see a guy fingering you from a seedy van, you'll know it's him"
Us: "?????"
Friend 2: "Yea he always fingers me from his van when he drives past"
Us: "Waaiiiittttt???? Do you mean gives you the finger?"
Friends: "Ummm yes. What did you think?"
Us" "Welllllll........"

Gross. Canadians are gross!

Canada: Flipping the bird
Australia: I think it's fairly obvious... but just in case: 3rd base

Roots:
Roots is a Canadian brand. They have lots of nice stuff. BUT IT'S CALLED ROOTS!!!

I don't know if this is a new thing, but a lot of the clothing has a beaver on it. This CANNOT be a coincidence!
Taking photos of my Roots Beaver
Canada: A Canadian brand, something that bears eat
Australia: F*#cks

Fanny:
This isn't as common in Canada as it is in the US, but if you really want to creep out an Australian, tell them "I can't have another serving of dessert, it'll go straight to my fanny!".
"If I have Poutine once more, my fanny won't fit into my jeans"
Canada: Bum
Australia: Lady bits

You just can't make this stuff up!

Also: Poutine is chips and gravy with cheese curd. OH. MY. GOODNESS. It's kinda like melted cheese on your chips and gravy. But better. So much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment