Wednesday 18 July 2012

While the husband works hard, the wife plays

I have the greatest husband in the word, I'm sure none of my non-married friends would disagree. Over the last few months O'Hara has put in hours and hours of overtime to ensure New Afton will actually start making money. A lot of people obviously made this happen but I love O'Hara the most and I'm super proud of him!
YAY to O'Hara and money!!
So what have I been doing while he's slaving away? Fun things. Lots and lots of fun things.

A friend had her hens/bachelorette party on a cruise. To Mexico! It was amazing and I was so lucky to be living in Canada and therefore be able to justify a cheeky trip to LA for the party. It was a 3 nighter and I think we spent ~1hour in Mexico. We ate street tacos and sampled tequila so that was a success. Her family is hilarious and I spent much of my time with stomach pains from laughing too much. This ended in stomach pains from cruise flu, but aside from that was awesome!

The beautiful people I got to cruise with!
My favourite Safety Manager is making the trip down under to Peak, which means we sadly have to say goodbye to him. There was however, a pretty sweet farewell that included teaching my boss to shotgun a beer and Two-Step (no not Tassie Two-Step. It's a real dance).
Who wouldn't want a cake with all your workmates giving you the finger? (Or "fingering you" in Canadian. Dirty bastards)

I spent a Sunday on a lake out at Barriere, on a supposedly cold overcast day that turned out to be a balmy 27 and sunny. A friend at work has a wake boarding boat which I'm pretty jealous of. We cooked up a delicious feast of cheese smokies and spent the day on the water. The lake was pretty much empty as well due to the shitty forecast. Double win!
First time tubing in a long long time. My face says it all
 An interesting side note, the Canadians jumped in the water and hopped straight out saying "ooohh it's a bit brisk in there". I jumped in a floated about for about 10min noting how warm the water was. It appears they don't breed them as tough as they do in Tasmania!
Smokies are a delicious version of hot dog that you cook on a BBQ
Finally, I had a work trip to Blackwater which is a New Gold mine in the exploration stage. It's basically in the middle of nowhere in northern BC. Helicopter or a 4 hour bus trip from Prince George is the only way in. I didn't see a single Moose though which was a bit devastating, but the scenery is beautiful and it's really interesting to see a mine in this stage.

I wouldn't mind commuting so much if this is always how it was!
Unfortunately, I have a 9 hour layover at Prince George airport waiting for my flight home. This is NOT what you want to see when stuck somewhere for 9 hours (this is the only food stop)....
To all the Kenso College kids... it says Eurest down the bottom there
O'Hara is now on a 7/7 roster which means he gets every second week off. Now it's his turn to relax!!

No comments:

Post a Comment