Tuesday 4 December 2012

B is for Bacon

What do you think of when you hear Canada? For me it's maple syrup, snow and bacon. I don't really know why I have this image. I think it's because there's something called Canadian Bacon.

I've never actually seen Canadian Bacon at the store, in fact the best bacon I've found is something at the butcher called 'Aryshire Bacon'. Who know's what that means, but it's good. Canadian Bacon is supposed to be similar to thick cut bacon, it sounds delicious and I wish I could remember to look/find it.

We tried buying bacon from the supermarket, but similar to Australia it's rubbish. I've been told that bacon from the butcher is different because it contains more meat, rather than just buying strips of pig fat (which I LOVE, but the meat at least gives the illusion you're eating protein).
Yum yum bacon cocktail

Since I've been in Canada I've had bacon in some fancy ways;
  • Pancakes, bacon and maple syrup - I didn't like it. However, I'm willing to give it another go at a better restaurant.
  • A Bacon Caesar (Clamato Bloody Mary) - This was delicious, more cocktails should have bacon
  • Caramel Bacon Popcorn - I didn't think I'd like it, but was impressed!
  • Bacon wrapped scallops - This isn't too random, and is obviously amazing
  • Bacon wrapped chestnuts - For some reason chestnuts aren't really that common in Australia. Lets just say they taste good wrapped in bacon.

No comments:

Post a Comment